Picking up materials starting March 30
(please remember plans may change)
In preparation for our currently scheduled distance-delivery starting March 30, West Homer will be preparing instructional materials that students will need during that time to learn at home. (i.e. textbooks, worksheets) Those materials will be available for pick-up at the school on Monday, March 30, 2020.
You DO NOT have to pick up anything from the school if you don’t feel safe doing so. Your family’s safety concerns are more important than any educational materials we may be offering you at this time.
Pick-Up Schedule by student LAST NAME:
8:00-8:30 Last name ending in A-D
8:30-9:00 Last name ending in E-I
9:30-10:00 Last name ending in J-O
10:00-10:30 Last name ending in P-S
10:30-11:00 Last name ending in T-Z
If you miss your appointed time, you can come by between 12:30-3:00 on Monday afternoon . If you miss the whole pick-up schedule, call the office at 235-5750 and we will make an appointment for you.
Pick-Up Protocol: (teachers will have completed a Covid-19 protocol prior to packing)
- Pull up to the school along the sidewalk near the front door. If someone is already there, just form a line behind.
- Stay in your vehicle and we will bring the materials to you. We want to follow the protocols of social distancing set up by the CDC.
- All materials will be in a clear trash bag for each child.
- Follow material use protocols for all items once they are at home.
Material Use Protocol:
- Wash your hands before you use any instructional items.
- While using instructional items remind your child to never touch their face, eyes, nose or mouth.
- Wash your hands after you are done using any instructional items.
Blended Learning Delivery Platform
Starting Monday, students who can are asked to log in to https://classroom.google.com using their student ID and password and ‘Join” any West Homer classes offered to them.
For the most current West Homer/KPBSD information please see our Facebook page
West Homer Calendar of Events
The learning community of West Homer Elementary inspires and supports all students to be lifelong learners with the courage and confidence to make positive contributions to the world.
The mission of West Homer Elementary School is to build strong connections among community, families, staff, and students in a safe, healthy, nurturing environment that challenges each student.
CLICK HERE for the latest school newsletter
The agendas and minutes for Site Council meetings can be found HERE.
West Homer Elementary’s instructional day runs from
8:00 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
West Homer Elementary School
995 Soundview Avenue
Homer, Alaska 99603
Principal Eric Waltenbaugh
Secretary Kristin Metz
Phone 907-235-5750 Fax 907-235-2612